A Vision for Proton Therapy in Ontario
The University of Toronto, Department of Radiation Oncology (UTDRO) will be hosting a symposium on the topic of Proton Therapy in collaboration with the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre - Radiation Medicine Program (RMP), Cancer Care Ontario (CCO), The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids), and the Pediatric Oncology Group of Ontario (POGO). Canada does not yet have a hospital-based proton therapy centre. “A Vision for Proton Therapy in Ontario” will be an interactive educational session with the objective to familiarize hospital leaders, government administrators, and health care providers regarding the benefit of proton therapy for children and adult cancer patients in Ontario.
The symposium will be held on November 5-6, 2018 in Toronto. Registration is now open.
- To educate participants about Ontario’s needs for a proton facility
- To inform physicians about indications and the process for a proton referral
- To teach learners about the benefits of proton therapy
- Glenn Bauman, Member (London Health Sciences Centre)
- Eric Bouffet, Member (Hospital For Sick Children)
- Lynn Chang, Member (The Ottawa Hospital)
- Lisa Chong, Symposium Co-ordinator (Princess Margaret Cancer Centre)
- David Hodgson, Member (Princess Margaret Cancer Centre/Pediatric Oncology Group of Ontario)
- David Jaffray, Co-chair (Princess Margaret Cancer Centre)
- Fei-Fei Liu, Member (Princess Margaret Cancer Centre)
- Vimoj Nair, Member (The Ottawa Hospital)
- Derek Tsang, Co-chair (Princess Margaret Cancer Centre/Hospital For Sick Children)
- Padraig Warde, Member (Princess Margaret Cancer Centre/Cancer Care Ontario)
- Invited Speakers
- A Proton Therapy Patient’s Cancer Journey: A letter from Annisa’s family
For further information and assistance, please contact Lisa Chong email@example.com.