Senior Academic Appointments
Appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor:
- is appropriate for an individual who has completed a recognized graduate program (or an advanced training experience deemed to be equivalent to a Master’s level program).
- requires that the candidate has at least five published peer-reviewed publications at the time of request for appointment.
To apply to the Assistant Professor rank, the applicant must:
- hold a professional certification or graduate degree (e.g. Master’s level) appropriate for the appointment
- participate in an independent and scholarly way to the academic program through:
- Research/ Creative Professional Activity: Shows evidence of meritorious ability in research – scholarly writing and presentations, peer reviewed grants and/or education research. The candidate should have a minimum of five peer-reviewed publications (non-peer reviewed by discretion) with at least three as principal author or co-principal author. Non-peer reviewed papers or a graduate thesis are acceptable at the discretion of the chair.
- Education: Shows evidence of meritorious ability in education, at a minimum, effectiveness in teaching, but also educational development such as course design, implementation, evaluation, curriculum development, educational administration and teaching awards.
Your application must include:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae that adheres to UT DRO Annual Report guidelines
- Teaching Dossier
- Internal letters of reference (2-3)
- External letters of reference (2-3) where applicable. In some cases only internal letters may be available, then 3-4 letters will be required. External letters of reference are those provided in support of the candidate application by references from Departments other than the hospital-based department where the candidate holds the appointment.
- Letter of support/Job description from the appropriate UT DRO Department Head:
Greg Czarnota - Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre
David Jaffray – Physics at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Rebecca Wong – Education at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Fei-Fei Liu – Radiation Oncology at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
- Faculty of Medicine Step-by-Step Guide to Applying for an Academic Appointment
- The Operations Manual of the Faculty Appointments Advisory Committee (FAAC)